We received a brief survey from La Vista, accompanied by this email:

Dear Owner!

We hope you are doing well and are looking forward to your vacation! It has been quite lonely here without you, and the crystal blue seas and sandy beaches and culinary delights await you!

As the world has changed quite a bit due to the Corona virus, we would like some information from you regarding your upcoming vacation.

For all entry requirements into St. Maarten, please check www.stmaartenehas.com. Here you will find all updated information.

We recommend you fill in their document, and print it so you can show this at the airport, along with your negative covid19 test that currently has to be taken 72 hours prior to your arrival in St. Maarten.

As this can change, we recommend you check this website a few weeks before your departure.

As the airlines have had to make some adjustments also to their flight schedule, we would like to ask you to fill out this questionnaire ( a pdf attachment) so we can help our tourism office help negotiate with the airlines and request more flights.

Please open the attachment, fill out, save to your computer and send back to us.

We appreciate your help and look forward to your return !

Regards from Sunny St. Maarten

The survey asked if we were coming for our usual weeks this year, and if not, why. The 72-hour test requirement was one of the options for why. I completed the survey indicating that we were still uncertain, because of the test requirements. I sent an email back with the survey, suggesting that more time and/or allowing the rapid saliva test would make it much easier for more of us to come. I think if more of us express our concerns to the hotel and timeshare management, they will be able to convey these concerns to the tourism office and perhaps have some influence on the government. It certainly can't hurt.