Hi Rita!

To answer your original question, I would go for the Lagoon - but like Oceans Song, I am biased being the owner of Time Will Tell. I think the sailing performance will be comparable, and the amenities depend on the specific boats in question. The difference for me (and we considered the FP) is how the helm is set up. If you go aboard an Astrea, the helm and line handling are really separate "stations" if you will, one in front of the other. If you are like me, you will be the one primarily driving the boat and dealing with the lines - so as a result, being at the helm and adjusting sails are tough to do at the same time. With the L42, the stations are side by side, allowing much easier single handing - I was part of the delivery crew on Time Will Tell, and I can tell you that the three of us were basically single handing in shifts for 4500 miles.

All boats are a compromise - its really a question of which compromises make the most sense to you personally. Obviously, I picked mine with what I purchased.

You are going to have a great time whichever you choose. Maybe you should just do a week on each and come back to tell us which YOU preferred!

Fair Winds!

-Peter

Peter
s/y Time Will Tell (2019 Lagoon 42)
peter@syTimeWillTell.com