After you posted this, I decided to take a look for a possible upcoming trip in March. We used InsureMyTrip last Nov. I went in and did a couple of quotes, read through the 50 or so pages of the contract and found nothing that really answered what your concerns were. I then called InsureMyTrip and requested a call back. About 30 minutes later I received the return call.

Knowing InsureMyTrip is basically a broker/clearing house, I was not really expecting a clear or concrete answer. The person who called me was very cordial but either she did not understand what I was asking or I did make myself clear and her answer did not clear anything up. I was trying to clear up the medical evacuation with Covid involved and she kept referring to me having to get a policy with a "cancel for any reason" clause and then a separate "Covid medical coverage" policy. I tried rephrasing the question to no avail.

I then asked if she could quote one of the "Covid medical coverage" policies. After asking the normal questions, she said a company named Seven Corners offered this coverage and quoted a price of $72 for my dates. I found Seven Corners site and did a quote from there and could not come up with the exact same price but it did appear they offered some MEDICAL coverage for a Covid case but not the evacuation.

I am not sure if contacting InsureMyTrip would produce any different results or perhaps contact Seven Corners and see where it might go from there. Link to Seven Corners is below.

SEVEN CORNERS

J.D.