I too would test at home prior to travelling to SXM. My wife and I have been at home for 6 months and the super market is the only place I go. 2 weeks ago I started with chills, fever and body aches. After several days of feeling miserable, I went to a medical clinic operated by an area hospital. I was examined and the doctor said its either the flu or Covid. They did a nasal swab and 2 hours later phoned me at home to tell me I have Covid. I was shocked that I had contracted Covid and spent hours questioning where did I let the virus in?, I never leave the house without a mask and carry my own sanitizer and paper towels. The county health department called and told me I was to quarantine in our home. The nurse asked me many questions and started contact tracing. I listed 5 people including my wife, adult children and 1 elderly neighbor that I had contact with in our house and also listed the 3 local markets I have visited. All 5 people were contacted and placed in quarantine. Several days later the county sheriff showed up at our homes and delivered orders of quarantine.
Unfortunately my wife did contract the virus and we are both home with symptoms. The neighbor and our adult children have since tested negative and have not had any symptoms.
I still question how this happened to me? When this is over and I have to leave the house, rubber gloves will be part of my defense.