We often fly BUSINESS to SXM and do check our bags but I will openly admit that carry-on in the First Class Cabin is not an issue to me, and of course, free is good considering the price of those up-front seats in the first place.

The main cabin baggage carry-on issues were created by the airlines themselves when they decided to charge for checked bags, but I am and have long been of the personal opinion that carry-on bags in the main cabin should be strictly limited and the limitations strictly enforced by the airlines.

If the airlines did their jobs in the first place and forced people to follow the rules it would make that side of travel far nicer for everyone and people wouldn’t be trying to cram two weeks worth of everything they own into an overnighter.

We generally check bags unless we are on a short trip - 4 or 5 days or less and we can pack in soft-sided duffel bags - and I have no issues with the baggage fees since the added weight does have bearing on the fuel costs, or so I’m told.

JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION! smile smile

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."