Here is a one of our favorite recipes for green beans. Not new by any means but what I like it that it can be prepared ahead and reheated right before serving either in oven or microwave. If you don't want to make bundles just crumble the bacon over beans before adding sauce. If you do this method I cook the bacon completely.

Green Bean Bundles

Fresh French style green beans
Bacon
Equal amounts of butter and brown sugar
(Usually do 4 T butter to 4 T of brown sugar to start, but depends how many beans you are doing.)

Snip off stem ends of green beans and clean. Steam until crisp tender and shock in ice water to stop cooking. Cook bacon partially until where still easy to work with and able to wrap around beans without breaking. Wrap around whatever size bundles of beans you want to make. I usually do a 1/2 or 1/3 of a piece of bacon per bundle. Secure with a toothpick if need be place seam side down. Place in a lightly sprayed casserole. Melt butter and brown sugar in microwave. Drizzle over bundles. You can refrigerate until ready to reheat at this time or place in 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes to finish off bacon and heat through or microwave if you do crumbled version. I have microwaved bundles also but make sure bacon is more done to begin with. Remove toothpicks before serving.