We got our "certificate of release from quarantine" on day 5 after arrival, about 30 hours after our day four test.

We happily took down our yellow flag and still moved from our Q anchorage in Deadman's Bay to the Bight and I did some paddle boarding in the caves and got takeout from the Willie T, which was open but empty and staffed by a single employee who made us some nice fresh wahoo filets.

Today was our first full "free to roam" day and we mostly motored from the Bight to Leverick and stopped at The Indians, The Baths, and Great Dog en route. We had each of these entirely to ourselves, definitely a novel feeling. Visibility is a bit impaired right now (due to coral spawn I believe), but we enjoyed being able to get in the water. We considered stopping at the Rhone too, but the current at the Indians made me think it would probably not be a good site at that time.

A helicopter buzzed us at the Indians, possibly checking to make sure we were not a USVI based boat or still flying the Q flag.

We did see more turtles, which are probably re-occupying some areas that are usually too busy for their liking, and my wife has already spotted several nurse sharks.

We had dinner at Leverick. They are taking their precautions quite seriously, with hand washing / sanitizing stations everywhere and are recording contact information for tracing at the restaurant. The people seem a bit guarded (and given the recent stories I can't blame them), but generally welcoming and helpful.

We hope to taxi to the police station in Spanish Town tomorrow morning to have our trackers removed. All in all a beautiful day, but the almost total lack of other boats is slightly eerie.

Last edited by MrEZgoin; 12/15/2020 09:30 PM.

M4000 "Lio Kai"