Well, we are 9 days from wheels up en route to St. Thomas for our 8 day charter with CYOA. Increasingly excited about a USVI-only trip for the first time. Definitely a great chance to see some spots we've overlooked in the past and find some new favorite places to make memories. Historically, we've generally spent a night mid-trip on a slip somewhere to re-provision and do some land excursions -- Leverick, Scrub, Spanish Town, etc... But I've never taken a slip in the USVI other than at the charter base in Charlotte Amalie. From what I can glean, there aren't many games in town. Only Cruz Bay on St. John. And either American Yacht Harbor, Sapphire Bay or Benner Bay on St. Thomas. Do any of you pirates have recent experience with any of these? If so, what are your thoughts regarding both the general amenities and "vibe" of the St. Thomas marinas? In reality, we won't likely need additional provisions and spending a night on a slip won't be particularly necessary. But if there are options that would be a change of pace, good atmosphere and fun for the crew, I'd like to try it out. From what I've seen online, American Yacht Harbor looks promising, but who knows.

Shifty

p.s. Probably not sailing south to St. Croix.