I can't say I ran into any tourists.. what with a total of 300 overnight tourists in the month of nov.. and after visiting, I would suspect most are expats or locals... not tourists at that time of the year.

I did visit air studio.. what devastation, but a real time warp. the electrical panel, etc from the 80s. hard to fathom.

also visited the famous hotel that is all but under several feet of mud/ash. got great shots of a three story house with only the upper floor now peaking thru - where the old golf course used to be.

since I stayed in this area, the ocean did not call my name.. mud, mud, mud and more mud, here there and everywhere did not make a good swimming experience. to put it in perspective, mud flows rise 2 feet a year in this area.

I did hike the mountain/hill where the observatory camera is stationed. it's a zen moment too. though not a hike for the faint at heart as it is hot hot hot and 90 degrees straight up for the last bit, or down.. depending on your point of view. lolol I loved the hike with fantastic views of redonda, villas, lush green vistas. ahhhhhhh ooooooooooo uuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmm, at the top, one is rewarded with a view of the ocean, Plymouth, volcano, observatory.

I had strangers give me lifts here and there at all hours and would not hesitate to help someone if I could... pay it forward.

there is so much and yet so little to do on the emerald isle. I can't wait to visit again.

I was surprised to see several cops walk into the bar one weeknight, in the wee hours. I didn't expect they had any in this sleepy isle. I felt safe at all times.

btw: don't be afraid of the big ben air horn. sounds funny and echos everywhere but it's a volcano daily test. LMAO.. big ben but with a carib twist, like only Montserrat could pull off.

ps don't tell anyone about this place. I love it and it's people, just the way it is.

oh yeah, and if you are so inclined.. the bush rhum is strong and has lots of 'bush' in it. pour your own at your own risk unless you are from Colorado or washington, etc where it is legal now. hhhhh