With a bug so widespread and so easily transmitted, a place like the bvi is about the only place testing, tracing and managing a population is able to keep the disease away or at very low levels.

I figured when they “opened up” that they would be hard hit quickly. Without the strict protocols and primarily because there is little volume of tourists who will put up with the protocols, they have largely missed the epidemic yet suffered severe economic consequences.

When they talked about opening up the ferry service earlier from the usvi, it seemed obvious that would greatly increase the likelihood of large scale Covid in the bvi. They wisely I think put that off.

Vaccine certificates would be nice, but more importantly for the bvi opening to a near normal level is vaccination of the majority of the island population. I’d heard they were supposed to get 20k doses in Feb. That should take care of the most vulnerable. However I don’t see them feeling good about having the disease spread widely among those not in that older group. I am hoping vaccine will be available for everyone there that wants it in April or May.

That should be a game changer and while there may remain a negative test or vaccination proof to enter, things should be back to normal.

Last edited by Will_L; 01/27/2021 01:05 PM.