J.D.

You are not that trusting that the SXM or the U.S. Governments will not change the rules without sufficient notice? Oh yea of little faith. You know I am being sarcastic.

Not to be negative, for I was hoping to travel internationally before the year is out, but from some things that I read today, it seems that the current vaccines may be less than 50% effective against the new South African variant. I'm afraid that can be a game changer for international travel this year, unless they come up with a new vaccine to cover some of these new variants, including the South African one, and the ones to follow. The more contagious U.K. version now seems to be old news, even though we are yet to see its' actual impact in the U.S.

Vacation/holiday trips where many of the restaurants, bars, and public gatherings are either closed or extremely limited, are not something that appeals to many people including myself. There are those with "Covid Fatigue" or denial who will still travel as long as they are allowed to, but things will not get back to anything close to "normal" until we get this Pandemic under control.

Maybe there should be a new Thread that questions: should I travel for personal gratification during an International, once in a Century Pandemic that has already killed millions of people? If the answer is "yes", then I assume NONE of these travelers will be Asymptomatically infected and spread the Pandemic to anyone else. Or maybe that is NOT an important consideration?

These deadly variants only travel because we travel. The Pandemic spreads because we travel.
I have heard from many, "we need to live our life". My question is: what are you willing to give up in order to save a life?
Maybe giving up travel until this is under control is a start. It certainly is NOT under control now.

To all: be well, and stay safe.

Rah Rah Rasputin
They put some poison into his wine
He drank it all and said "I feel fine"