I suspect the bvi will suffer greatly in terms of revenue again this year. The health Minister talked again recently about a "vaccine passport" allowing vaccinated visitors to skip some protocols when enough of the local population is vaccinated as well. As others said I suspect they will have a large number opting out . I have a good friend who mention that a number of the C and I people that work at entries have elected not to take a shot. That won't help .

The government as it often it seems to be flying by the seat of their pants from paper accounts. Not sure when elections are but seem to be a lot of politics being at the head of list. There is an unusual spate of violence following a couple of huge drug busts, there is a panel of inquiry from UK investigating government corruption. As mentioned there is a crackdown in both Europe and US on off shore accounts. All of which I suspect has led to lack of attention on a plan to open.

Yes, some who say they will never come back won't. My friend says this year is shot on the tourist side. But once open I would wager there will be a quick return of sailors and land based travelers. Others will find their favorite haunts but I will almost guarantee that many will find it to be the bvi . I know I am looking forward to sinking my toes in the sand while shoulder deep in Savannah Bay w a Caribe in my hand.

As long as it is safe and it is open, they will come .

Last edited by Will_L; 03/18/2021 02:45 PM.