Phil,

The Exumas were amazing. Sailing was tough due to all the shallows, you had to go way out and back in several spots to get to the cays you wanted to stop at. Glad I was on a chartered Captain, would not want to navigate those waters on my own. We were also on a 52 foot cat.
That said I will go back in a heart beat and never thought I would like them as much as I did.
Highlights- Waderwick Wells cay which is the land sea national park center. DO a walk around this island, it was somewhat otherwordly. The sailing was more rugged than in BVI as there is quite a distance between Islands. We covered about 180 nautical miles altogether in 6 days.
Staniel Cay with the Thunderball grotto was everyone's favorite stop ( THIS was where we got our mid week covid test as well) They had the most services of any CAY we stopped at from Nassau to this spot. Many places no cell or WIFI if this is important to you. Many places nothing but a deserted island which we loved! ( Except when we ran out of ice and had to drink warm Vodka.....) Norman Cay with the aircraft wreck was also a cool stop. The pigs of course ( that may or may not be your thing)
Dream Yacht was a great value although our Boat had some serious issues ( mainsail fail and anchor winch fail) We had 5 strangers come together and have a MOST EPIC vacation, left as friends.
While I have often said my ashes will spread in the BVI, the Exumas was to die for as well and the water.... well the photos speak for themselves I think.

Attached Files IMG_2590.jpgGPTempDownload.jpgIMG_2751.jpgIMG_2717.jpg
Last edited by Carol_Hill; 03/20/2021 09:34 AM.

Toast.......to Life; White Bay...heaven on earth.
Diane