We spent the day at Mullet renting chairs from Rosie. It was a gorgeous day on Mullet. The water was fairly calm with a steady wind but not strong enough where the sand smacked you in the face. We had a perfect day spending most of it floating in the water.

Ordered Rosies bbq chicken platter came with rice and peas, lettuce, tomato salad with two thin slices of mango and two sweet plantains, $12. David had a big breakfast at the Villa so was not hungry.

At the end of our beach day we went to Da Watering Hole for a cocktail. The restaurant/bar was very busy, all seats taken except for one high top we managed to score. There were many lounge/umbrella rentals on their side of the beach, Rosie’s not nearly as many. We preferred staying at the farthest end of chairs Chester put out under the Palapa-looking umbrellas. Less people down where we stayed.

The wind continued into the evening where we needed to wear a light jacket. It has been windy since we arrived and last night there was an evening chill in the air. I had my jean jacket on as we sat at Driftwood for dinner. David ate the mahi-mahi platter which came with white rice & beans, salad. He enjoyed his meal. Me not so much. The bbq ribs were very small (short) ribs with not much meat and over slathered in a tangy barbecue sauce that I didn’t find appealing. Half way through it just wasn’t worth the effort to continue eating them, too messy and I didn’t care for them. My dish came with two sides as well so got the same as David, both were just ok.

To compensate for a not so great meal for me, we went to Maho Market where I got a Dixie cup size of Enta’s Rhum Raisin ice cream.

[Side note: we've seen 4 cruise ships in the distance in front of Beachside Villas. Locals told us there is staff on board]

Mullet beach

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Rosies chicken platter

[Linked Image]

Da Watering Hole
[Bathrooms are free if you eat or drink there otherwise $2 per use or $6 unlimited also includes use of shower. Staff has to use an electronic key to admit you to one of two bathrooms. They also have big square lockers for rent.]

[Linked Image]

Driftwood rib platter

[Linked Image]

Last edited by fabila; 03/30/2021 08:54 AM.