***not trying to hijack this thread but I think this actually is related... two questions about SJU connections---

We have a trip to Virgin Gorda in November, making some assumptions that the world will be a calmer and somewhat safer place in 7 months.

The American Airlines ticket from PHL to EIS I am looking at has a codeshare with Seaborne with a 49 minute connection in SJU. I usually don't book any flights with less than an hour layover but with no need to pick up bags/re-checking them and go through security, can this actually be sane? (We planned to take one checked bag, but if it makes a huge difference we may travel lighter with carry on only.) November is not a busy season, but SJU is almost always a little unpredictable...
What's the physical situation to get from AA terminal to Seaborne? Seaborne, like all airlines, publishes rules saying they can cancel your ticket if you don't check in 45 minutes before the flight. Can that be done?

Second part is a little weirder. One potential return flight on JetBlue has a 5 hour (yes, FIVE HOUR) connection in SJU, codeshare with Cape Air I believe. Wouldn't that give them a lot more time to lose my checked bag?? doh With that amount of layover, I was thinking it could make sense to book separate tickets, deal with baggage claim and security (and customs?) manually... It really doesn't save much $ so wondering if it's worth it.

Thanks in advance for any snarky comments... as well as insightful ones!