Originally 5 of us were scheduled for a 07/2020 10 charter, which of course got bumped to 07/2021. Then the day 0 on the boat with 4-5 day quarantine was added. Not a problem, we canceled our Mariner Inn rooms to spend day 0 on the boat. We extended our trip by 4 days to cover the quarantine time and let us also visit our regular spots. Our flights were booked into St Thomas using mostly Delta miles. Two of our party are flying out of Denver with the other 3 coming from Houston.

Last week I looked at our flights and noticed Delta had moved the STT - ATL flight for our Denver folks but not for the Houston ones. Not a problem, hopped on the Delta website and got things rearranged so that all of us were on that flight. As a side benefit everyone would arrive home a couple of hours earlier. So as of 6 days ago, everything was lined up perfectly.

This morning Delta sends a notice saying the Denver folks have been moved to a later ATL - STT flight that gets them to St Thomas at 5:23pm which of course is too late to catch a ferry, probably even if things were fully back to normal. I'm not sure why. The Houston folks were still on the flight that arrives in STT at 3:32pm so I have to assume that flight still exists. The Denver to Atlanta flight arrives 63 minutes before the departure of the 3:32 flight to STT so I would assume that is still makeable on a Wednesday morning in Atlanta.

I'm waiting for a callback from Delta (only been waiting 4 hours but that is better than being on hold for that time!) to see what happened. Lots of bad options seem to exist. If the ATL - STT flight that arrives at 3:32pm is still an option, our Denver folks could catch a red-eye that arrives in Atlanta at 5:51am.

Another option that might be possible is to catch a water taxi but I don't know if they'll run that late and the amount of after hours cost.

For various reasons we prefer to fly into St. Thomas but Delta is making it tough.

Louis from Houston