Originally Posted by caribbeangirl13
My thought is that when the Premier did his interview that basically stated that they were going to open up to vaccinated people on June 1, he was telling his people that he wasn't playing around any longer. They have brought the vaccine over, they have enough to vaccinate but people are not getting vaccinated out of fear. He's saying that the BVI have been closed long enough, the government has done all they can to protect its people but can't protect them further if they don't get the vaccine. So, who knows if he will actually go through with it. Just my two cents.

100% agree. It was a warning to the BVI residents to get vaccinated, not a promise to open the borders. Actually, more of a threat to get vaccinated because the borders might open.

The other perspective that most won't like - I followed the governments priority list to get vaccinated when it was my turn on 19 March. Because of the 10-12 week guidance for astrazeneca from the UK, my second shot is 28 May so I'll be fully vaccinated on 11 June. Selfishly, I have no interest in changing the protocols and taking on more risk until myself and even more people from the BVI are fully vaccinated. No offense to everyone who wants to vacation and party but we've sacrificed enough to take on extra risk now. We are still catching visitors in Day 4 tests and in exit tests so the protocols are working.

JasonHelmbrecht
Coconut Breeze Villas
Cane Garden Bay
reservations@coconutbreezevillas.com
www.coconutbreezevillas.com