You're welcome, I think you will find St. Lucia to be a nice change from St. Maarten as said the nightlife isn't as exciting or varied but the natural features of the island are great. A full day in the Soufriere area is a must do, start with an early morning hike up Gros Piton, I did it at 52 and believe me I'm not the athletic type, from there you could go to the mud baths or Jerusalum Falls for a warm soak,lunch at Archies fish or chicken meal and then finish up at the botanical gardens on the outskirts of town.
The jump up in Gros Islet is a huge street party, you can get there by bus or taxi, it cn seem intimadating with all the people and loud music but stay on th emani street and you won't have any problems, if someone bugs you to buy them a drink just say "sorry, no" firmly and that will be it. Fish Friday in Anse La Raye is a chance to try the local seafoods, they have welks there the size of you hand along with traditional dishes like sea turtle and blackfish (pilot whale which they are allowed to hunt using aboriginal methods by international agreement. You can get a spiny lobster, there is a lot of meat on them besides in the tail,the meat in the horn on their head is just as tastey as the claw meat of our northern lobsters and in the kncukles for the legs you will also find a lot of meat, use an empty beer bottle to crack the shell and get the meat out. Since it is a long way from RB to fish friday you could try to find another couple to go with you to split the cost of the taxi.
I usually use Kimbert for transfers and taxi service, my phone stopped working so i dont have his number but you could go to Trip Advisor and search for PHV Tours in the St. Lucia forum he has many fans there.
Not sure if you've decided on a place to stay yet but here are some photos of the Bay Garden Beach Resort, it is at the end of Reduit Beach and theyy have beach chairs and umbrellas along with water sports outlet. The meals in the restaurant are higher than you will pay just down the road, for instance Spinnakers is almost next door and you can get a full English breakfast for half of what you would pay at the hotel.
[Linked Image]
The pool area

[Linked Image]
The restaurant

[Linked Image]
The bar

The last two photos don't do it justice but you get the idea

Drink all day at home, your friends worry about you; do it on vacation and they say "what a good time you're having". Save your friends needless worry, travel more!