This is really good news for travel to the island and for encouraging visitors. In Canada, while about 55% of the population now has received at least one dose, only about 5% is fully vaccinated so far. Second doses are expected to start ramping up quickly in June.

At the current time in Ontario, you get a printed document issued by the Ministry of Health at the time of your first vaccine dose. As of this week, you can now access a digital PDF document which will show the details of both doses by using your health card number. I'm sure other provinces will be doing something similar. The Government of Canada, along with other countries, and particularly the G7 countries, is looking at what some sort of standardized international vaccine travel document might look like, whether something digital or something akin to the long-used International Certificate of Vaccination (Yellow Card or Carte Jaune).

I fully expect most of this to be ironed out by the time we are set to arrive in SXM in mid-January. I'm looking forward to the travel being more "normal".