Originally Posted by kim
I would The vaccine doesn’t prevent you from getting COVID which many don’t understand. It prevents (hopefully) you from getting it bad. From what I read the two that tested positive had no idea and were a symptomatic. I

The vaccine is 95% effective in PREVENTING you from getting the disease....and if you are among the other 5% it you will have a lesser form of the disease and prevents you from spreading the disease

From the CDC:

Vaccine Effectiveness
All COVID-19 vaccines currently available in the United States are effective at preventing COVID-19 as seen in clinical trial settings.
Research provides growing evidence that mRNA COVID-19 vaccines offer similar protection in real world conditions.
COVID-19 vaccination is an important tool to help stop the COVID-19 pandemic.
COVID-19 vaccination helps protect people from getting sick or severely ill with COVID-19 and might also help protect people around them.
To receive the most protection, people should receive all recommended doses of a COVID-19 vaccine.
Some people who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will still get sick because no vaccine is 100% effective. Experts continue to monitor and evaluate how often this occurs, how severe their illness is, and how likely a vaccinated person is to spread COVID-19 to others