Temery said:
when we used AAA to book our cruise we didn't get a discount but we did get a free upgrade (1 floor higher and closer to the center of ship, there was a bar steps from our room door which was great/convienent). They also left a gift basket in our room with some fruits/candies which was a nice surprise (not sure if all TA's do that tho).

(sorry, didn't mean to respond to you snorkler but to the OP)

It depends on the agent one uses. A friend of ours used AAA and wanted us to join but I said no. Armed with their info on time, ship etc we went to our agent and got the same cruise for 1/3 what AAA charged them plus we knew their rm # and got put at their dinner table aboard ship. When I asked them what level they'd be on they said they didn't know rm # or dining option. Since we planned to surprise them I couldn't tell them that info was available so I just said ask AAA. They did several times and was told ---won't know until 1 week before.

That treatment coupled with the high price they paid (never told them what we paid for the cabin right next to them) I'd never use AAA.

Rosemay