Creggers said:
so what is your #1 & #2 ?

Flamenco is consistently rated by travel media to be in the top five beaches in the world. By my reckoning, it is the third best beach on Culebra.
[/quote]

Fortunately the SVI's were spared the brunt of Irma and will likely see more charter visitors while the VIs rebuild. I've managed to make four trips from CYOA to Culebra/Culebrita/Vieques in the past 10 months. For me the top beaches depend on the marine conditions. Some are untenable or at least unpleasant approaching from a boat depending on the sea state. Here are my favorites so far (with caveats):

#1 Bahia de la Chiva, Vieques (as long as winds are north of SSE). Anchored here for the solar eclipse. Absolutely gorgeous. Wonderful shallows near shore that heat up the water. Reminds me a bit of Oil Nut Bay and Pond Bay, VG.

#2 Bahia Tortugas, Culebrita (as long as no heavy N or NE swell. Even moderately strong Easterly winds can cause a strong swell in the bay). About as picturesque as it gets. We've observed 8 sea turtles simultaneously surfaced within a few hundred feet of the boat. 20 minute hike to the Spanish lighthouse built in the 1880's. Have their own "bubbly pools" at the north end of the beach.

#3 Flamenco Beach, Culebra (have only visited from the land side). Beautiful 1-1/4 mile crescent beach. Beautiful coloration on the reef. Several kiosks with inexpensive, but good local food. Drinks also reasonably priced.

#4 Unnamed beach on West Shore of Culebrita (below lighthouse). One mooring ball. Locals somehow managed to bring their boats through the coral heads right to the beach. Very good snorkeling.

#5 (Tie) Playa Tamarindo (if winds north of SE) & Playa Carlos Roasario (if no north swell) on Culebra.

#6 Sun Bay, Vieques (if winds north of SE). 1 mile crescent beach, but it's also the municipal beach for Vieques so not so deserted.

#7 West shore of Cayo Luis Pena (in settled conditions and no north swell). Two coves each with a mooring ball. Each beach is very narrow. Good snorkeling and excellent sundown views.

To Be Determined.
- We've yet to have calm enough conditions to explore some other north shore beaches on Culebra by boat, such as Zoni, Playa Brava, or Playa Resaca. They look interesting.

- We did a fly-by of Bahia Salina de la Sur, Vieques. A magnificent well-protected bay and beach, but still being cleared of ordinance. Did not risk anchoring or going ashore!