Overall the food is very good but I think it just depends on what you are looking for. If its expensive high end Five Star experience then maybe no.....but we find it to be very good for our needs and taste and at good prices. The dining room is a amazing setting and is right on the water, Like about every restaurant, they have a few chefs depending if its breakfast , lunch or dinner and the day of the week. Can not image bad service, we have always had very friendly staff however depending on what you order it can be at typical island time since I doubt anything is pre made. We too don't care for Karaketers. Its under a tent basically , the kitchen doesn't seem to be a proper one, food so so, the music can be very loud not our type and the crowd at times a bit dicey. I would never give a biz one and done. Everyone can have a off day. I think Marys Boon has been there 50 years and always busy when you go so that tells a lot for us. But lots of options too in the area. We like the Palm, Toppers can be fun, Palapa Grill is nice even that Pollo Brothers chicken place in the area is good.