Nov. 5, 2021

We went to bed Thursday night at 8pm knowing only too well neither of us would catch any sleep. And we were right. Got up at 2:30am, showered and started our day. The limo driver was right in time with a 4am pick-up and off we went to JFK. The only good thing about that timing was at least there is very little other traffic on the road. We made record time going through the madness that is always JFK but I have to admit, the wheelchair service helped tremendously.

As is our custom, John had a window seat and I was on the aisle and in between us was a gentleman with his big old service dog. I was skeptical at first about flying with the dog but he was better behaved than some of the adults I’ve flown with over years. The flight was smooth and no hiccups along the way and we even managed to arrive a bit early. After doing all the airport arrival stuff we headed out and there was LESLEY, awaiting his clients off the flight. He drove us to our home away from home where we picked up our chariot for the next two weeks - just what we asked for - one of his more lovingly used Toyota’s - and are you ready for this - we finally got to be R1. Back in April we had a brand new car and I was a nervous wreck the whole time, fearing we’d earn tge first cent or ding on it.

Anyhow, not sure why JB is doing such an early flight but we arrived at BSV around 12:30 and the maid was just finishing up our room. Jeannie had already been and gone and we thought about making lunch in but decided to go out instead. Fat Tony’s for a chicken Caesar salad - not the best I’ve ever had but a long way from the worse. Hadn’t eaten dinner last night or breakfast this morning so it was about perfect to get us to dinner with friends which was also perfect.

I have communicated with many posters over the years and it’s always a pleasure to meet them face to face. Tonight we had occasion to have dinner with Sue and Jeff Butler - Sue is Mama B on TTOL and like us, a former long-time but now displaced Towers timeshare owner. We had a lovely dinner at El Zafiro before they leave for home this weekend and compared notes and shared our SXM experiences. It’s crazy to travel 15 to 1800 miles to meet someone who lives a half hour ride from you at home but we did it and so happy to have met you both in real time.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."