Wednesday, Nov 10, 2021

And another island day dawns. Too bad I didn’t get up to witness it’s arrival.

The beach staff has already raked and disposed of the small amount of seaweed that accumulated overnight and Saba has left for wherever it is she goes so frequently. But in the words of my oldest granddaughter when she was about two, “it’s okay, Nana. She be back.” One cruise ship passed by that I saw earlier and another passing by right now, and there’s at least one large yacht awaiting entrance to the lagoon so far. And so begins another day in paradise……..and here comes the rain! No coffee on the balcony this morning?

Lunch was at Marks Place with a long-time island friend. Disappointed there were no PEI mussels but we will definitely return for them later in our trip. In the meantime DH had a salad and I had a bacon Gouda burger that was out of this world. I don’t often eat burgers but this was delicious and huge so sadly about a third of it was left on the plate. Good thing we didn’t do breakfast this morning or there would have been more.

A few observations along the way:

Tomorrow is a huge island holiday and I think everyone was out stocking up their kitchens in anticipation - kind of like some New Englanders do when the weatherman mentions snow. Traffic was huge and the parking lot by Carrefour was packed. Trying to park near Marks was interesting.

Going through The Sunset Beach (Maho Beach) road you couldn’t help but notice there’s not much beach and lots of boulders and a gazillion people walking on the sea wall and blocking the road. I doubt you could squeeze a chaise between the boulders and the waters’ edge. But maybe……

We haven’t seen but a very small amount of “St. Maarten snowflakes” up till today but going ‘over the hill’ there seemed to be a major blizzard taking place.

And tonight, thanks to the invitation of friends, is dinner at Gutside! It’s been ages since we were last there and I can’t wait…….😊😊

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."