Due to the forecast swell and wind I thought it best today to move to a more sheltered location, so we moved from Deep Bay to the Bight. We had a very nice sail down the channel from north of Mountain Point to the Indians ranging from a broad reach to near DDW, and arrived before noon.

I was just rounding up near the Indians and dropping the main sail when I felt something on my thigh and when I put my hand there it landed on one of those large bees (wasps? hornets?) that we often see, whereupon it stung me pretty badly! I didn't even know they sting and it has been many years since I had a sting like that and it was not at all pleasant.

I recovered, however, and we had a nice swim at the Indians with somewhat rough water and not the best visibility, but it's a great spot even under less than ideal conditions.

When I get restless I like to tinker with the boat and though this is not my boat I still aim to leave it better than I found it. The Blue Sea battery monitor was clearly showing some questionable info with regard to the state of charge of the house batteries and I found it was not at all correctly set up... it had the house bank at 100Ah flooded, and god knows what reference voltage. I was wondering at the beginning of the cruise how the house battery capacity could be so much worse than our own boat. A monitor showing wrong info is worse than no monitor at all.

Fuel is holding up well now almost 2 weeks into our trip... this boat holds 194 gallons, an amount that by itself justifies the ca. $600 turnaround fee we pay to Moorings. I'm hoping it will hold for the trip.

M4000 "Lio Kai"