Originally Posted by d_fish
Air Canada is not suspending flights. The news going around today was recycled from 2021. AC had to issue a press release today to correct the circulating story that popped up on many feeds.

Still check your flights, many are canceled these days due to crew availability. Many are calling out sick due to CDC guidelines.

https://www.narcity.com/air-canada-...PY9euIT-MiwxKWv8HlF_EjrKt3WtJDHL8zk0J-pQ

Air Canada is suspending direct flights to St. Maarten after Jan 29th for at least a month. I have been following the info from 2021 circulating through the feeds for three days (mostly Caribbean news outlets) but my first post warning my fellow Canadian travelers to check their flight information is very valid. There are no direct flights on Air Canada from Jan 30th until at least Feb 26th and there are no guarantees the airline will start up then because they are monitoring the current situation. Our direct flight on Feb 3rd for two weeks was cancelled without warning and they did not contact us. I had to do some checking on my own so hence the warning that I posted. The bottom line is - right now, we have to advocate for ourselves and be vigilant because airline schedules change every day due to Covid. And that is solid advice for every Caribbean destination.

Last edited by Teresasxm; 01/04/2022 10:42 PM.