Carol,

Not paid parking in the sense of meters or a parking attendant and I haven’t been there lately but a few years back I thought we were asked to pay at Baie Rouge and once in Grand Case at the actual parking lot on our way to Calmos and the beach before Irma took her toll, but perhaps that was then and this is now.
With regard to Mullet, if you go early - even on the weekends - you can usually back into the rocks at the first row of cars in the parking area and we’ve always been able to get out but I wouldn’t park anywhere else in that lot on a weekend.

With regard to beach parking car break-ins, we’ve made probably at the very least 75 to 85 trips to the island over our almost 50 years of annual visits and beaching is our usual activity, spending most of those days at Mullet Bay. We had never had an issue with a car break-in until just a few years ago when we got there midday and parked in the very back of the lot towards the golf course. The thing that really pi$$ed me off was we had followed the suggestions of leaving nothing in the car and locking it securely as we always did.

This time, the creeps who broke into it damaged both the power door locks and the trunk lock and all for nothing. We always rent from a Lesley Bruce aka Kenny’s and he came right away with a new car for us and had to have his car flat-bedded away to be repaired. He was great about it with us and wouldn’t accept anything from us towards the damage repairs which I’m sure were
considerable. That was the first and THE LAST time we parked anywhere but in that first row by the rocks.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."