Well we made our flight on Cape Air from EIS to STT yesterday. Very cool flight! Small plane and my husband got to sit in the copilot seat (benefits of weighing 230 lbs - big guys up front - haha!)
However ...... they had to take all the bags off the plane because of weight limits. Which I totally understand. (we paid the $100 for the checked bags via Amex)

Before we boarded, the gate agent called everyone up who had checked bags - we had 3. She asked our final destination and my husband provided her with my Delta flight # and destination city - Columbus, OH. Then as we're walking out the door to board the flight she hands me 3 bag tickets - two are going to DFW via SJU and one is going to CLT via SJU. I told her we were not going to Dallas or Charlotte. She then took our information again - along with my phone number - and said she would call me later to let me know how they were going to get our bags to us.

No phone call yesterday. None so far today. I called the Cape Air 800 number - was given the number to EIS baggage. Called there, no answer and I left a message.

What are the chances we're going to see our bags again? All have Delta medallion tags on them along with name & address tags.