Care to expand on that? Haha! Just hoping it was the good day you deserved. [/quote]
Sure. Was going to post a cautionary note sometime soon anyway.

We purchased Agape Cottages in Cane Garden Bay, Tortola and relocated from the US in January 2017 (over a 3 year process to get approved by the BVI government). As everyone knows, Hurricane Irma visited 8 months later and destroyed the property and shut us down; cautionary tale - consider business interruption coverage. Spent more money to rebuild than to purchase and stayed closed for 18 months. Then along came Irma's bitchy sister, COVID. All rebuilt but the country is now closed for 18 more months; cautionary tale - probably nothing to learn here. 2022 is shaping up pretty well, property is full of guests and CGB is alive again. 9 February I don't feel right great and have weakness on my left side. Feel like the worst possible scenario; health issue on Tortola. Off to Peebles Hospital as it looks like a stroke is possibly going on. They determine (pretty efficiently) that no stroke is happening but there is a brain issue of some sort that needs addressed. Also, they quickly identify that the BVI cannot treat Neuro issues or deal with the likely potential of cancer. Must leave island; cautionary tale - medical evacuation coverage is critical if you want to live/travel somewhere like the BVI with limited resources. No wifi or cell service at the hospital to contact family/friends or organize evacuation efficiently. Saturday, 12 February the cavalry from MEDJET.COM arrives and off we go. Peebles->EIS->SJU (for immigration/fuel) ->FL (more fuel) -> OH (for the Ohio State University Medical Center). Not exactly the 1st private jet experience I was hoping for. 17 February, Neurosurgery to remove a 5-inch brain tumor. Strength and coordination slowly returning. Heading home for a quick break and some sun next week then back to Ohio for a while. 3 March I'm well enough to drive and have a great steak dinner with a great bottle of red wine in a real restaurant (although I would have traded it for Brandywine Estate any day).

Lessons learned:
- get the business insurance
- get the travel insurance; I'm told it was a $50k flight to get to OH; insurance policy is $1k/year.
- get the evacuation insurance that takes you all the way to hospital of choice instead of closest facility; the BVI doctors wanted to send me to Miami where we know nobody
- pick a good hospital.

JasonHelmbrecht
Coconut Breeze Villas
Cane Garden Bay
reservations@coconutbreezevillas.com
www.coconutbreezevillas.com