My wife and I were having breakfast at the yacht club early this week when a lady approached selling raffle tickets for the Junior Sailing Program so we gladly bought 5 tickets for $20. So the raffle was to be this Saturday and we thought we would return and have something to eat and a few cocktails. There were lots of prizes and with the silent auction they raised thousand of dollars for their cause. Now they called out numbers for hours and we couldn't win anything.....until the end. Well I won 2nd place prize. Wait for it. I won a 4 day course to get my license to operate a power boat under 15 metres long which is 49.21 ft from the Maritime School of the West Indies including a VHF course thrown in. This prize is valued at $800.00 US. Now first prize was a 2 night stay at La Samana valued at $2500.00 US. Dam. Now I find this prize pretty funny considering that along time ago I was a Production Foreman for a major sail boat company and built a 30' sailboat for myself while there and am licensed to operate pleasure craft in Ontario. This course should be a breeze LOL. Since I have no use for this prize I'm thinking of donating it back to SMYC and maybe they know some young sailor who would jump at this chance. But 2 eggs Benedict and 4 Caesars for us would be nice.