Originally Posted by Deepcut
Originally Posted by CarolinaSailor
That depends on your charter yacht company and how the boat is documented. Suggest you start there. If not documented correctly, the answer is probably not this trip due to BVI regulations.

I have been back and forth from BVI to USVI in my boat(which is in a charter fleet in BVI) and almost like precovid... However, I believe rule are different for "charter" boats and as Carolina Sailor stated, it depends on if vessel is properly registered in BVI..... Check with your charter company (And let us know).

Deepcut and Carolina Sailor are correct - it depends on the registration and credentials of each particular boat. Our boat is in the same charter fleet as Deepcut’s - BVI based and properly registered and credentialed. There are different regulations and requirements for non-BVI based boats and especially non-BVI charter boats. Only your charter company can provide info on the particular boat in question. Covid testing (48 hours) is required to enter BVI and then return to USVI - currently 5 day testing for return to USVI via sea (but all passengers must be fully vaxxed or a special exemption is required from USVI). Check-in and clearance for vaccinated passengers and properly registered boats is West End or Road Town. I don’t believe JVD has been added to the mix yet (aside from ferry arrivals).

Last edited by MIDiver; 04/13/2022 08:16 AM.