My wife and I will be going to Hawaii for 10 days next Jan for our 30th anniversary. This will be our 1st trip to the islands. We'll be staying the first 3 nights at Outrigger Waikiki on the Beach, then we'll be boarding an NCL 7 day island cruise. I just thought I'd post our tentative plans so far to see if we could get some input from anyone who might have done some of this stuff. Pros, cons, suggestions, etc. We're not planning on renting a car at all while we're there, just our personal preference. So all of these activities will either be reached by cab or pickup/dropoff with the tour group we book. Thanks!

Arrive Honolulu Wed afternoon.

Wedding vow renewal Thurs morning on the beach at Outrigger, then Pearl Harbor / City tour with Gray Line. Then try to find a luau close to the hotel for Thurs night.

Fri - All day Kualoa Ranch tour

Sat - board NCL ship Saturday afternoon for 7pm sailing

Sun/Mon docked at Kahului (Maui) - Shoreexcursionsgroup.com has a package where you can pick 3 shore excursions at 3 different ports so we're thinking about doing that. Our first one would be Road to Hana on Sun. Mon we would like to do the Haleakala Crater hike with hikemaui.com. On their website it says the trip and hike take 7 hours but it doesn't say what time we leave and get back. The ship departs at 6pm so if they won't have us back by 5ish we may have to change this. Will get more info when we book in Oct.

Tues docked at Hilo (Hawaii) - will do the 2nd of our 3 port package - Volcanoes NP / Rainbow Falls

Wed docked at Kona (Hawaii) - thinking about just a day at the beach right now, could change though

Thu/Fri docked at Nawiliwili (Kauai) - will do the 3rd of our 3 port package on Thurs - Waimea Canyon SP. Fri - ship leaves at 2pm to sail around Na Pali Coast so probably will just hang around at the pier area until then.

Sat - back to Honolulu.

Any thoughts from anyone about all this? We're open to suggestions. Thanks!

[Linked Image]