We too used Dolphin a few weeks ago for 9 of us for a round trip to and from Scrub. Two days before arriving they said that the weather looks bad and they are going to have to take us to West End and drive us across the island to Trellis Bay where we will then take the free Scrub island ferry. On the trip to West End the weather and water looked fine. The owner claimed it was much worse up by Scrub and on the East side. Hmmm…needless to say, that wasn’t what we paid for. It was a long hot taxi ride to Trellis.

Not surprisingly, they did the same to us on the return trip (claiming bad weather again) but it was worse. The Dolphin owner texted me the night before and told me they could now pick us up at Scrub. Great. We packed up and waited to be picked up. The local Scrub employee asked us who was picking us up and we told him it was Dolphin, and all he said was “good luck”. No Dolphin boat showed up. My phone rings and it’s a taxi driver at Trellis asking why we didn’t get on the Scrub ferry to Trellis. I told him Dolphin said that they would get us at Scrub.

It became clear that the Dolphin guy messed up and sent me the wrong text saying they would pick us up at Scrub. So clearly they were picking up people at Scrub (we saw them get people with a 3rd party boat) just not us. We got on the next Scrub ferry to Trellis and got in a cab and drove to West end and then got on a Dolphin boat to Cruz bay, cleared in and then on to Red Hook, then a cab to the airport.

All in all it wasn’t a good experience and the owner refused to adjust the pricing. Not using them again. Buyer beware.