I have still been watching my ticket prices (JFK-STT) and while they have been up and down a little, kayak is now saying BUY. This trip will now cost me $5600 for our family of 4. We have no choice but to travel over Christmas since we have one on a college schedule and one still on a high school one which is compounding the issue. We don't travel much during the year and so the BVI is always the one trip we plan on but these prices are definitely going to start having an impact. But I think they may have more of an impact on WHO chooses to travel there vs how MANY can travel there. I hate to say this but these prices will be further weeding out people that are looking for an affordable spot. The BVI has never been cheap but the USVI was so I think they will start to see the impact first.
I am a small business owner in a tourist town and I can say, we have had record sales already. People are out and they are spending. I have no idea where the money is coming from and they appear not to care.