I am new to using this site and was not sure if I should start a new thread for this, but here goes:

I will be checking into the USVI by boat to pick up my crew coming in from the STT airport. I want to meet them at the Crown Bay marina for their convenience and to be near provisioning stores. I see there is a Customs near there, between CYOA and a ferry landing. Is this a good choice for clearing Customs?

It seems most people coming from the BVI go to Cruz Bay, and I have also read that St.Thomas Harbor can be rough as well as crowded. Yacht Haven Grande is also an option, sounds expensive but I believe you can clear Customs there too. Cruz Bay seems to require anchoring the boat (44' cat) and taking a dinghy in, while I think I can avoid that step at the other two, and pull up to the dock with the sailboat. But I could be wrong! If there are no expected hassles at the one near CYOA, then that would be the most convenient.

SO - if it was you, and you wanted to clear Customs, provision the boat, and pick up crew, which Customs location would you choose?

Thank you for any insight you can provide.