Originally Posted by BSer
I am new to using this site and was not sure if I should start a new thread for this, but here goes:

I will be checking into the USVI by boat to pick up my crew coming in from the STT airport. I want to meet them at the Crown Bay marina for their convenience and to be near provisioning stores. I see there is a Customs near there, between CYOA and a ferry landing. Is this a good choice for clearing Customs?

It seems most people coming from the BVI go to Cruz Bay, and I have also read that St.Thomas Harbor can be rough as well as crowded. Yacht Haven Grande is also an option, sounds expensive but I believe you can clear Customs there too. Cruz Bay seems to require anchoring the boat (44' cat) and taking a dinghy in, while I think I can avoid that step at the other two, and pull up to the dock with the sailboat. But I could be wrong! If there are no expected hassles at the one near CYOA, then that would be the most convenient.

SO - if it was you, and you wanted to clear Customs, provision the boat, and pick up crew, which Customs location would you choose?

Thank you for any insight you can provide.

Are you on your own boat? If not please be aware that many BVI based charter companies are not allowing their chartered boats to leave the BVI at this time.