We where fortunate to be in the islands for 21 days, split between 2 groups of friends. This was our 8th trip in the BVI's and it is funny how friends take a keen interest when I describe our past adventures and ask.."the next time you go...we are in!!"

This was our first trip arriving by air to EIS. Buffalo to Charlotte to San Juan to Beef Island via American Airlines. No concerns with the connections and all our luggage made to/from the destination. That said, we will most likely fly to St Thomas and take the ferry for future trips as I feel I would rather sit on a ferry and start the trip vs sitting in an airport terminal for the final connection.

Mr George was waiting for us at the airport and Brent had Star Gazer ready for us at the dock. Star Gazer is a Leopard 45 with loads of room with an entry to the forward deck from the salon...all crew mates loved this access. Brent, from Captains Compass, was fantastic to work with!! Very responsive over the past year with planning, an excellent briefing and the vessel was spotless with everything in working order.

As you can imagine, over the course of 21 days we hit all the regular spots and anchorages.

Highlights:
The Baths never disappoint. you can now access in both directions as Covid protocols relax.

Cooper Island is in great shape. The pan seared tuna salad was the best we have ever had!

Saba Rock is back and better than ever! Mathew the bar manager( a Canadian from Engelhart) was very entertaining and friendly. His recipe for an Expresso Martini is a must have!

BEYC 2.0 is back with the facilities looking great. A few of us were at the beach bar in the late afternoon and struck up a conversation with a nice down to earth lady. Turns out, she is the grand-daughter of the original owner and is the current CEO of the resort! It was fascinating the hear about her childhood and visits to BEYC when she was younger. She hopes more to come with the resort and we can wait to see the progress on future trips

Tom at Blunder Bay resort was also very friendly and engaging. We would certainly recommend a visit as the infinity pool and restaurant was amazing and both had great views. We watched the activities of the Poker Run from the pool whilst enjoying some cocktails..

Although there were some jelly fish in some anchorages, the snorkeling was fabulous! That said, the sea grass was prevalent across the islands. This did cause some issues with the generator and air conditioning as the inlets became clogged. Brent and Mr Boots addressed the issue quickly.

We would definitly recommend Genies at Manual Reef Marina. The food and atmosphere was excellent! You can tell that Genie takes alot of pride in her food and menu! Serendipitously we ran into Manpot as he was leaving Genies. It was nice to say hi as we met Manpot on our first sailing trip to the BVI's many years ago when Saildoggie introduced us.

Overall a great trip and I would not hesitate to return for an extended duration. I would also not hesitate to recommend Brent at Captian's Compass for his service and his fleet. Hope to return very soon...