We were on the beach the same day as you when the seaweed made it to Club O side. Was kind of cool to watch it come in although quite a mess for the crew to clean up. The young man waiting tables at the Perch said most that didn't make it to shore because of the quantity on shore pushing it back out would be working it's way down the beach and did notice before we left that that was happening. He said they would have it all cleaned up by the next day, don't envy that job. The birds followed the seaweed the whole way into shore and obviously knew what was going to happen once it hit shore. The small fish would try to get away from shore and would end up on top of the weeds making it easy for the birds to pick them off.

Spoke with Cedrick about the Club O rebuild. He said the dissension among the owners is over and only waiting for approval from the government on where and when they can rebuild. This was confirmed by the owners of Paradise Peak where we stayed on the last part of our stay.

As far as sand on the beach or lack of, we to noticed that there was some rocks when getting in the water. I'm sure it's like other beaches and comes and goes although behind the 2nd set of chairs closer to Papaygo there was a sign on a pole and as far as my limited French could tell it was mentioning the diminishing sand. There was a picture of the beach and showed the line of sand in 1946 and then showing different years and the progression to year 2022. Also noticed like the original poster that some of the poles holding the rope had fallen into the water.

One of the days we were there, there was a small amount of seaweed that was on the beach so we walked down towards Papaygo to get in the water to cool off as there wasn't any down there. My wife was more observant than I and did notice a guy enjoying himself leaning against one of the ruined cottages as we were in the water. At least he was a little more discreet (although it was obvious what he was doing) than our "friend" at Happy Bay a couple years ago.