+1 on the Orient beach observations. I spent a week there in June, my first time since pre-irma, and found the beach to be much smaller than I remembered. I know sand comes and goes, but this was a pretty big difference.

The beach was also a lot quieter than I recall. Probably 2/3's of the beach chairs were occupied in the C/O section, but there weren't many people in the water or socializing, just quiet and perhaps a bit more peaceful than in the past. I know June is generally lower traffic as well, but I've been there before in July so that's what I'm comparing to.

My favorite strip of beach was the small strip of sand on the other side of Papagayos. I like how the water is warm and calm, and if it's windy it's definitely less windy there. Getting there now is a challenge, especially as a female. Walking through the water is tough unless it's super low tide with the rocks in it. Going through the ruins and I ran into the locals hanging out in Papagayo and some of the broken down chalets. Every day I was approached, only one chatted me up and he was nice enough, but his intentions were clear as all I can say was he was standing at attention and I didn't need a place to hang my towel if you catch my drift.

Good to hear they are possibly progressing, but I'm sure like many others, I'll believe it when I see action.