Hi Josephine & Luka, We are an American couple who has rented and stayed several times in a studio attached to a house owned by a French couple in the French Cul de Sac. I can tell you what we have observed. The couple had a compost area enclosed in a fence where they requested that we deposit our compostable items like vegetable & fruit peels, egg shells, coffee grounds, etc. They also had pails under the sink where they asked us to separate out recycle items- glass bottles, cans, cardboard containers. They would collect it so I don't know where they brought it. We were asked to dispose of our other trash. Down the street were several open dumpsters where we would do this, probably every other day. It was just a small bag, maybe bathroom size. We saw several recycle containers around the French side for glass bottles and cans, but they always seemed to be full to capacity, with no room to add anything.
Several years ago, across the island, plastic bags were being reduced. You were obligated to bring your own bags to the grocery stores on both the French & Dutch sides. I'm not sure how it is now, as we haven't been in 3 years due to the pandemic and family health issues. I hope this helps a bit.

[Linked Image]

If life hands you a lemon, just squeeze it on a lobster!