My 9 year old son and I are arriving in GC in October for our annual Manly Men's Offshore Snorkel week. We spend a lot of time in the water, can go fairly far out (1km) as a pair and the Caymans seem like a good choice.

We are staying at Sunshine.. Sunset on 7 mile and I think we'll definitely need a car some or all of the time we are there (want to hit the east/north snorkel spots, we are there to snorkel/beach/eat).

Any good rental suggestions? I'm not opposed to renting for the entire week (and that might be the best option if a car is $25/day, I don't really care if it sits idle 23.5 hours/day).

But, I don't know if the snorkel spots on the west end (7 mile) are bus accessible, is parking easy (if it is impossible that is a huge factor) etc.

Basically we want to relatively easily be able to get around this island without relying on bogus bus schedules or expensive/not easy to find taxi's.

Any insight is greatly appreciated... rental agencies... off the beaten path snorkel sites (he did lemontree in St. John's at 6, open water, 3 kn current, he is pretty hardy and very into it... does open water boat snorkels... 1 mile offshore, 5 kn currents are the edge of his limit).

Thanks,
mattie