|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,060
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Manpot
Tortola/ Sonoma, California
Posts: 17,514
Joined: May 2002
|
|
|
12 members (ndfaninnc, Sea_Skyman, timnboston, davidandsusannj, lovemysxm, REH, MrWhiskerssammy, 48ref, caribmichael, 3 invisible),
395
guests, and
91
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 709 Likes: 2
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 709 Likes: 2 |
In my opinion a boat is the way to go...but I'm a boat girl and an adventurer.
If you are doing a boat, in my experience, the USVI is less expensive .
Examples:
Average extra cruising fees for BVI waters for 6 people for 7 days: $250 No fishing license required in the USVI Ferry to get from STT to BVI and back: at least $150 per person Groceries: I have found that it is cheaper to go to Cost U Less in St. Thomas than Riteway in Tortola
That being said, I love the BVI and always will (we go there multiple times a year) but I also love cruising the USVI.
If you want to PM me for a recommendation on a less expensive (compared to others) crewed 44ft Leopard in the USVI, I can give you more information. For full disclosure it is my brother's boat but I don't profit from it.
I can also give you some recommendations of things to do and places to go when cruising the USVI.
Sue s/v Ripple Leopard 42 ![[Linked Image]](https://www.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/4;10730;128/st/20251225/e/sailing+around+Grenada/dt/-2/k/aadd/event.png) [/url]
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
|
|