Hi from Philly,

We’ve been going to SXM about every 2nd year since 1997…… timeshare stays in Simpson Bay, Maho and Oyster Bay.

Next week (Tues Wed 11/8-9) we will be visiting on a cruise ship….a Windstar with 300 pax. Thanks to this site cruise calendar I know there will be BIG ships in port both days we are there. I have booked the 28 person ECO tour all day catamaran sailing all around the island for Wednesday and happy that leaves from Bobby’s.
I am at a loss what to do on our first day, Tuesday 11/8. Ideally we would probably prefer to taxi and relax some place on Orient…but….I have no idea which of the locations on Orient will be hosting massive number of cruisers. If anyone can recommend where on Orient we quite likely could find a smaller crowd, umbrella / chaises in a non CO section, I would appreciate the recommendation. We have often done Bikini Beach area and its neighbors but it has been a few years since last visit.

Also wondering about P-burg location etc where wifi might be available …… for a change we are not buying Verizon international plan but might do their $10 a day travel pass just to check in when we cant find wifi for a few days. Happy to buy a drink or more as necessary while using wifi.

As always, this forum is terrific….a big thank you to Carol Hill and all the regulars.

GO PHILLIES.