For those of you traveling first class on American who have been using Alaska's Board room when American doesn't have an Admirals Club in the particular airport: this privilege is no more. Alaska was very thorough and pleasant in researching this for me and apologized that this benefit was gone. They said it was an American decision, not an Alaska decision. Apparently if you have status with American, it's a different story. The Caribbean, Mexico except for Mexico City, and a third location I cannot recall are now not available to use the Alaska Board Room.

The immigration cards were distributed shortly after we were in the air, accompanied by an announcement that completion was mandatory. I have no idea what is done with them once you turn them in.

At no time was I asked to show anything other than my passport. Goodbye, EHAS!

Getting through PJIA was a breeze. It was about five minutes from the plane ramp to luggage, with just one stop - immigration for passport stamping.

But luggage: OMG, what a cluster. It was literally half an hour before luggage from our plane started to appear. The room is not air-conditioned so it's pretty unpleasant, especially since there's nowhere to sit down while you wait. But wonder of wonders: luggage with the beautiful orange tags came out first.

I had requested a compact car from Hertz but was told when I was making the reservation they don't have any in their fleet. I was quoted a small sedan at $160/week INCLUDING liability as opposed to $145/week for a compact. However, when they were taking me to my car, they said you want a small car, correct? I said yes, and they gave me one. However, since the transaction was completed, there was no refund of the $15/week difference between the two sizes. Left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, but the price can't be beat, and what's $30 (two separate contracts due to length of stay)?

It was close to 24 hours of travel for me from departure at home to arrival at Horny Toad. I was unable to sleep on the plane so am pretty exhausted. Ribs at The Palms, and it will be early to bed. More later.

[Linked Image]