This years November trip was booked over a year ago and we looked forward to it from that day on. This year, however, life kept trying to get in the way but as it happened and the time drew nearer the trip became a definite go.

I had health issues which ultimately resulted in surgery and John was diagnosed with some major health problems for which he is still being treated, but we debated and finally, with our doctors consent, decided the trip was on despite the anxiety of our kids and the concerns of friends. I am ultimately very happy we made this decision but trust me, this has been a different kind of trip for us. Very low key!

The ocean was totally off our radar and the pool was about as good as it got. Mobility is an issue for both of us and walking with a cane was deriguer this trip but in the end it was worth the effort required even if SXM isn’t really great for anyone with limited mobility.

We flew JB round trip and the flights were uneventful which, from our past JB experiences, was in itself unusual. The wheelchair porter service in Sint Maarten was phenomenal both ways and Lesley Bruce aka Kenny’s Car Rentals was right there with our rental car. Easy check-in at BSV as always and Jeannie had already been there and stocked our unit.

I want to offer my special thanks to so many for your concern and for caring about us. Terry and Rit, Sharon, Mike, Tracy and so many others who helped make this a good trip, all things into consideration. And the staff at Beachside was, as always, incredible. All our quirky little requests were handled prior to our arrival and it was perfect.

The weather could have been better, but trust me on this, it could have been a whole lot worse, too. And in honesty, the surf was too rough for me to venture into the ocean although I understand I missed a couple of perfect Mullet kind of days.

We ate great meals with good friends and possibly socialized more this trip than we ever have before. November is a great time of year on island as so many have found. Happy Birthday, Sharon - such a nice party and I can finally attest to the fact that her Mike really does exist since, up to this trip, I had my doubts. And lunch at Marks Place was lovely, too. We got to meet Norm finally and spent a few hours with Barbara at Chesterfields which was special. The highlight of our trip was dinner at Yvette’s with an assemblage of friends. Finally, after all these years, so thanks to our chauffeur and tour guides. It is a restaurant you need to try if you haven’t already.

There were so many great people there and my only regret was being unable to spend time with so many of you. Terry and Michele it was great seeing you again and Pat and Bill, we never did get to do that dinner. Glad we got to share that breakfast, Ann, and so many others whose company we enjoyed. And Elizabeth, we never did get that pool time in. A very big disappointment was in being unable to see some long time friends in P’berg but next time. Irish and Mike F250, more time or finally meeting in real time - next year perhaps? And my sincere apologies to those I’ve missed.

Thank you all for making our trip so very enjoyable and for now, all safe and sound and COLD here in Ct, we’re eagerly looking forward to April.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."