While just being in SXM was wonderful, there were highlights of our trip that made it one of the best trips ever:

First of all, the simple fact of being there after all the potential pitfalls along the way made this a very special trip for us.

Our dinner at Yvette’s - thanks to Terry and Rit who set it all up and provided transportation. We would never have found it at night in the dark if left to our own devices and would probably still be wandering around in the dark in the Orleans area.

Being honored to be invited to her birthday gathering and finally getting to meet Sharon’s husband Mike. Our island times had never coincided with Mike’s before so this was special and dinner at Skip Jacks was the best. They even convinced the valet to reserve a convenient parking spot for us in the torrential rains that evening. Good people, for sure. Mike’s a nice guy much like my DH but when he chimes in, he’s well worth hearing from.

And Lesley Bruce who never disappoints. Not only does he provide great service with the rental cars but he even snagged wheel chairs for us making our departure so much easier.

The kindness of the basic St. Maarteners was overwhelming, from our housekeeper who didn’t like us fording the deep puddles in our little rental car and offered us her jeep to drive instead; to the lady at Carrefour Express who wanted to take my grocery list and shop for me; and to Jimbo who helped me navigate the sidewalks to my car at the pharmacy - who knew he was actually from our area at home?! Not me…… so very many special moments spent in favorite places with true friends, even on our porch overlooking the water where we shared time and stories with Michele and Terry and others. As most who are reading this know, I could go on forever but I’ll spare you all……..

And to those we missed, while I offer my apologies for not connecting, there’s always next year and we’re already looking forward to that next trip.

Last edited by pat; 11/23/2022 12:14 PM.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."