Finally getting back to USVI, after many year absence. Last stay near Red Hook at Sapphire Beach Marina area was in 2002 where we rented a condo for 2 weeks. All other visits have been bareboating in BVI. This time it is 4 weeks at Paradise Properties.

So we plan to rent a car for part of the time, but need info on from whom to rent a car. We typically used taxis in past years, but I imagine rates have increased. Comments?

We also plan to do day trips over to St. John, if we rent a car we would consider taking car on ferry to use while on St. John. Comments/thoughts?

We expect to do a lot of exploring with little time in the condo except for breakfast, and sleeping, etc.

I've ordered current maps and a couple books to add to my old collection. But I wondered how many other things have changed. I anticipate the grocery store is still in Red Hook, which is where we will stock up on groceries, beer, rum, etc. If we have a car we could go in to main town for bigger stores, if that is necessary.

I'll start in again reading local paper to see what is all going on and how crime has changed,etc.

But what other things should we be aware of or think of?

Anyone have information if the bar or restaurant in the area of the Paradise properties are still open?

Yes, as I recall from past years there is always confusion on what is paradise properties and what beach are we actually going to be at.... It is Sapphire Beach Resort, not Sapphire Beach itself, more like St. John Bay.

Now its time to start reading other posts again. And thanks in advance for all the help.

BobA