|
|
|
Forums39
Topics41,953
Posts342,071
Members27,640
| |
Most Online5,009 Jul 27th, 2026
|
|
Posts: 165
Joined: December 2009
|
|
|
14 members (Lucky13, Rumlover, AAI, roosterhead, SXMScubaman, IowaFarmer, xrayman67, Compskier, MamaB, SeeDiver, 4 invisible),
436
guests, and
67
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 709 Likes: 2
Traveler
|
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 709 Likes: 2 |
I know exactly what white balls you are talking about! They come up quickly! If you ever sail in Martinique it is like dodging the land mines on Vieques back in the day! Seriously, they are everywhere and not nice little noticeable balls but sometimes black balls or even coke bottles! It's funny because this prompted me posting a question to Leopard owners on what they do with their transmission when sailing with the engines off. I have always put the gears in neutral per the Yanmar Manual but after trying to dodge fish traps around Martinique, I was rethinking that due to not wanting to have a spinning prop. Luckily with 3 lookouts we managed to dodge them all but it wasn't easy.
On another note, if you sailed in the BVI back in the early 80's I wonder if you ever met my parents, Liz and Willard Hain. Our 42ft. sloop was named Traumerei and we sailed those waters often. We were based in Grenada.
Sue s/v Ripple Leopard 42 ![[Linked Image]](https://www.tickerfactory.com/ezt/d/4;10730;128/st/20251225/e/sailing+around+Grenada/dt/-2/k/aadd/event.png) [/url]
|
|
|
.
|
|
|
|
|
|