As a Canadian who travels very frequently to SXM, I can tell you from personal experience that there are no difficulties for travel from Canada to St Maarten and return.. There are no more covid tests as of November 1st of last year.
As long as you have not been visiting China in the last 30 days, they will not give you a second look at the airport.
Once you are on SXM, it is pretty much like pre-covid times.
I fly out of YYZ Toronto direct. If you have any questions, I would be more than happy to attempt to answer them or others on this forum who have been there recently as well will do the same.. I have been back in Canada for 2 weeks, but I am going back again in 2 weeks for one month in sxm .
If you are flying Feb 4th you are most likely flying Air Canada. They are the only carrier who fly direct on Saturdays from Toronto. My experience with Air Canada is that they are the only airline that has you fill out an immigration sheet. Don't know why that is. WestJet Sunwing and Air Transat don't do that and AC are the only one to fly out of Terminal 1.

Cheers
Drphilsxm